- Assists in prior planning for retail store structure. Directs on-site coordination of the set-up of the retail location. Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in onsite sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for direction and coordination of merchandise activities for the store and other MainGate store locations including: set-up, sales, tear-down, and personnel.
- Being present throughout the duration of the event (including returning for the completion of the event in cases where inclement weather conditions prevent from completing the event on the scheduled dates).
- Implement and manage MainGate's policies and procedures associated with the store personnel.
- Oversee proper care of all Store equipment is maintained and cleaned prior to the start of the event.
- Oversee proper display of all merchandise in the store.
- Hire and manage any/all extra support staff to assure maximization of sales within the store.
- Oversee the proper use of and organization of all store equipment during the course of the event.
- Assure the store is "open for business" during all hours of the event (do not open late or close early. Maximize event sales).
- Maintain cleanliness of the store equipment during the course of the event.
- Oversee the capturing of all sales records (POS) on all products sold out of the store.
- Establish inventory control measures and perform a physical inventory of the Store at the conclusion of the event.
- Be accountable for all product shrinkage (lost, damage, stolen) from the store during the course of the event.
- Oversee all store security measures during business hours.
- Oversee the packing of merchandise and displays of the store for transportation at the conclusion of the event.
- Communicate information to Merchandise Manager and Program Team.
- Assist Merchandise Manager in analyzing sales figures to identify areas of strength and improvement.
- Recognize and advise implementation of updated and development improvements. This is including updating training policies and procedures, as needed.
- Assist Merchandise Manager in direction and coordination of merchandise for other events/locations, as deemed necessary.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- Associates or four year college degree; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to travel 30-35 weeks/weekends throughout the year.
- This position requires that the person be highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently.
- Must have strong leadership skills, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities: