Alright High School sports job searchers – we’re here to show you hope in tough times. The jobs are out there and if you have experience as a coach and are ready to take the step up into administration – this week’s hot job is the one you’ve been waiting for.
The Berkeley Carroll School is hiring an Athletic Director! The Berkeley Carroll School is a private Pre-K through Grade 12 college preparatory school in New York City that focuses on inspiring critical, ethical, and global thinking.
The athletic director reports directly to the Head of School and is an educational administrator and teacher at the school. S/he develops and supervises the intramural and interscholastic athletic programs.
Additional Duties include:
- Develop, organize, supervise, and evaluate a developmentally appropriate program of intramural and interscholastic athletics for the middle and upper schools.
- Ensure that the athletic program represents the school’s commitment to gender equity and access for all.
- Provide safety instruction to students and coaches and establish standards of student behavior to provide a productive environment and to ensure the optimal condition and safety of all athletic equipment, facilities, fields, and courts.
- Identify and develop the talents of students in individual, dual, and team physical activities and sports.
Recommended Qualifications, Skills and Abilities include:
- Master’s degree in an applicable area of study
- Experience teaching and coaching different sports and levels of students
- Successful track record working with student athletes and coaching staff
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, with a professional and empathetic approach
As the leader in the market for High School Sports jobs, we can help you find the best opportunity to build your career in High School Sports. Have any suggestions on jobs you would like to pursue? Let us know in the comments section.
Jobs in Sports will be showcasing weekly Hot Jobs. If this job isn’t an excellent fit for you – visit our listings and view our Sports Job listings and find your best fit today!
*It is Berkeley Carroll’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment, consistent with federal, state and local laws. Accordingly, all applicants for employment are to be treated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or citizenship status, qualified handicap, sexual orientation, marital or veteran’s status or inconsequential handicaps.
This policy pertains to every aspect of an individual’s relationship with the School, including but not limited to, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, or termination.