If you have a talent for writing about sports and are looking to take a step forward in your career: Your opportunity is here. Davidson College is searching for applicants to fill the role of Assistant Director of Athletic Communications.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Athletic Communications staff with coverage of 21 sports programs.
- Serving as the primary contact for volleyball, women’s basketball, men’s & women’s tennis and women’s lacrosse — sport assignments subject to change based on the candidate;
- Producing online team record books/media guides, game notes, news releases, statistics compilation.
- Generating feature content video/stories and other unique coverage for DavidsonWildcats.com and Atlantic10.org.
- Establishing and maintaining positive relations with media through strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Supervising student workers
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, sport management, or a related field.
- Minimum of two years experience in a college athletic communications office or similar field.
- Proficiency in Desktop Publishing, Photoshop, Word and StatCrew (Genius also preferred) statistical software;
As the leader in the market for college coaching jobs, we can help you find the best opportunity to build your career as a college coach. Have any suggestions on jobs you would like to pursue? Let us know in the comments section.
Jobs in Sports will be showcasing weekly Hot Jobs. If this job isn’t an excellent fit for you – visit our listings and view our Sports Job listings and find your best fit today!
*At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.