Join one of the world’s leading universities and work with top-level NCAA athletes. The University of California, Berkeley is looking for an Athletic Trainer to assist in the direct provision of injury evaluation, athletic training, and rehabilitation services for student-athletes.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Sport team responsibilities/assignments as specified by the Head Athletic Trainer communication with coaches and student-athletes of assigned teams.
- Coordinating with physicians/medical personnel on the care of student-athletes.
- Injury reporting, documentation, and maintenance of medical charts.
- Taking inventory, ordering, and restocking clinical and clerical supplies.
- Ensuring the safety of patients and staff through the enforcement of safety procedures.
- Appropriate training in and adherence to regulatory requirements (e.g., blood-borne pathogen training and prevention, annual TB testing, and other health screening requirements).
- Maintenance and upkeep of the athletic training room and other sites as designated.
- Continued education in sports medicine and maintaining good standing with the NATA Board of Certification.
- Other duties as specified by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Bachelor’s degree; experience as a student or undergraduate Intern Athletic Trainer in a competitive athletic environment and/or equivalent training/experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Certification and good standing with the National Athletic Trainer’s Board of Certification.
- Sensitivity to student-athlete issues.
- Proven ability to meet multiple demands in a high-volume, fast-paced clinical environment.
- Proven ability to work independently, prioritize, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills are required for working with a diverse group of patients, clinical staff, managers, and visitors.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in handling sensitive matters involving patients.
- Computer literacy, including working knowledge of word processing programs.
- Ability to work with and in a diverse environment.
- Comfort working in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
As the leader in the market for Health and Fitness Jobs, we can help you find the best opportunity to start your Fitness career. Have any suggestions on jobs you would like to pursue? Let us know in the comments section.
Jobs in Sports will be showcasing weekly Hot Jobs. If this job isn’t an excellent fit for you – visit our listings and view our Sports Job listings and find your best fit today!
*The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.