Start your Baseball operations career with this week’s hot job! If you’re an intellectual contributor that can work both individually and collaboratively, come up with interesting research questions to explore, find ways to answer those questions with the data at your disposal, communicate the results of your research, and work to apply your research outcomes, you’re a perfect fit for this job. The Tampa Bay Rays are looking for a Research and Development Intern.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Develop strong skills in statistical modeling and quantitative analysis of a variety of data sources for the purpose of player evaluation, player development, and strategic decision-making.
- Learn methods for communicating complex research findings to a variety of Baseball Operations audiences.
- Design research inquiries with the potential to yield immediately actionable findings within our organization.
- Work collaboratively with and assist other members of our department with your areas of expertise.
- Collect in-game data to support the operational needs of the department.
- Ad hoc research and analysis in support of general Baseball Operations tasks
- A solid foundation in mathematics, physics, statistics, computer science, engineering, and/or related fields.
- Advanced computational skills.
- Experience with R, Python, and/or Stan preferred.
- Experience solving complex problems.
- Creativity to discover new avenues of research.
As the leader in the market for MLB Internships, we can help you find the best opportunity to start your MLB career. Have any suggestions on jobs you would like to pursue? Let us know in the comments section.
Jobs in Sports will be showcasing weekly Hot Jobs. If this job isn’t an excellent fit for you – visit our listings and view our Sports Job listings and find your best fit today!
*The Tampa Bay Rays are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.