Camp Communications & Marketing Intern
Essential Job Responsibilities
After a training period, the Marketing Intern will be responsible for the following:
- Capturing and editing high-quality photos and videos of all camp highlights (guidance will be provided to identify key opportunities) for blogs, social media, newsletters, digital albums, and the summer memories slide show. Photos must feature a wide range of ages, mix of both male and female campers, and diversity.
- Taking video clips of “day in the life” camper activities as well as special events throughout the summer. This can take the form of interviews or simply capturing daily activities. Examples include features such as: Teepee Village chants, Aquatics events (camper achievements), Sports Tournaments, Specialty Camp events (weekly demonstrations), Camp shows – Mini, Day, Senior. In addition, camper testimonials, parent testimonials, and staff testimonials will be included in the requirements for the delivery of digital assets. This will also include video project requests and specific assignments for the end of summer slideshow.
- Cataloging all photos for efficient coordination of the multi-media slide show as well as public online albums for camper parents to view using Flickr and/or DropBox. The expectation is to capture enough high-quality photos to fill pre-identified slide show segments to run an average of 23 minutes in duration.
- Follow guidelines for organizational framework for tagging and repurposing assets for optimization for social media, YouTube, blog posts, website, newsletters, etc.
- Writing daily blog posts to feature activities in Mini, Day, Sports, Senior, Tennis, and Specialty Camps in addition to capturing special events and captivating stories on-site.
- Development of numerous communication pieces including:
- Draft weekly blog posts across all camps offered on site.
- Follow specific guidelines for photo and video clips.
- Generate digital assets; representative of site. This requires collaborating with Site Directors to gather relevant photo and video content. Organize, track, and categorize photo across all camp segments (day, sports, senior, etc.).
- Write and interview for weekly newsletter that includes program highlights, staff bios and a curriculum overview plus images that correspond.
- Master the site-level calendar of events and map out a weekly schedule in advance, knowing where to be and when to capture events. This will require extensive collaboration with Site Directors, Activity Specialists and various team members.
- Provide frequent updates on the progress of the projects with the specified Marketing team member at Headquarters.
- Manage all aspects of editing for each project and work with various teams to implement changes.
- Participation in weekly team calls with fellow interns and the Marketing team to discuss best practices and opportunities for improvements.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities: