Communications/ CSR Intern
- The NBA Team, is looking for a college junior, senior or graduate student to serve as the Communications/CSR intern for the Public Relations department.
- Intern will rotate throughout the department in the areas of media projects, public relation game day duties, CSR initiatives and miscellaneous job duties.
- This is a non-paid internship, a stipend is provided for transportation, food and parking expenses.
- You will need to able to work 20-40 hours per week.
- You are required to receive academic credit.
- Hours will include most arena events, throughout the semester that may occur on evenings and/or weekends, including Arena Events and games.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend all home games and assist with game day media relations.
- Maintain and manage media lists.
- Assist with creating and development of 2018-19 media credentials.
- Assist with research, writing and editing of media releases as necessary.
- Distribute public relations material to staff and fans as requested.
- Assist with planning, implementation and staffing of media, special and charitable events, including, press conferences, interviews and marketing.
- Manage media clips and generate media value reports.
- Respond to media inquiries.
- Oversee digital platforms on game days and post in collaboration with the marketing department.
- Help coordinate grass roots marketing plans in the community
- Assist in planning, facilitating and execution of CSR/community events.
- Assist in fulfillment of community donation requests
Required Skills, Experience, and Abilities
- You must receive college credit.
- Pursuing of a sports management, communications, or public relations degree.
- Strong ability to manage time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives
- Should have excellent communication and writing skills.
- Previous experience in a college sports information office, school newspaper, internship with a sports team or campus athletic department is preferred.
- Candidate should have experience with sports writing, research, feature writing and transcription.
- The candidate should be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must maintain a very professional relationship around players and coaches.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$5 For Your First 30 Days
Month-to-Month Premium Subscription - $10 per month after trial period.