Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Create, Optimize, Analyze, and Debug frontend and backend features, tools, endpoints, and metrics for our mobile web games to ensure we are improving the experience for thousands of players during a live event.
- Assure that assets, delivered by the art department in the appropriate format(s) for integration, are promptly integrated into code and available in regularly-scheduled milestone builds for inline observation and approval.
- Collaborate with the project manager to ensure that our feature backlog for these Games is prioritized and appropriately scoped into discrete and manageable engineering tasks.
- Collaborate closely with other departments to help shape and integrate new web based and interactive tools into our game platform.
- Research and support proofs of concepts with various partners and vendors.
- Write technical documentation and clearly communicate complex solutions and challenges, even to non-technical staff.
- Stay current on relevant technology and conduct necessary research, due diligence, prototyping, and testing to assess emerging technology options.
- Attend and report in daily scrums and bi-weekly sprint planning sessions, reviews, and retrospectives in accordance with Agile best practices.
- Computer Science BS/MS degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 4+ years professional game engineering experience required with a focus on web technologies, with additional C#/Unity experience highly preferred
- Strong understanding of Python for backend API development as well as deploying to Heroku and AWS or other cloud-based application platforms.
- Excellent communication and team relations skills
- Experience with common games industry production software (MS Office, JIRA, Trello) a plus.
- Interest and/or secondary skills in another key game development discipline (Game Design, Product Management, Art, Audio) a plus
- Applications must include attached work examples: game executables and associated code samples
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred. Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,880 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime