HR Business Partner
- Provide strong and effective HR expertise and support across the front office, partnering with managers to develop their skills and capabilities to implement people programs and initiatives.
- Provides day-to-day performance management and employee relations guidance to managers (coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions), advises and assists managers in identifying issues and determining appropriate course of action.
- Interprets and applies company policies and practices as well as federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Provides training to management staff on HR issues to enhance managerial effectiveness and minimize risk.
- Works with managers to develop and execute recruitment plans, provide advice on the posting, interviewing and selection processes.
- Provides advice and support for employee on-boarding, including guidance on offer letters, I9 processes, background checks and orientation.
- Ensures coordination and facilitation of new hire orientation program to generate a positive first impression for employees and emphasize the importance of innovation, inclusion in company culture.
- Collaborates with management team to ensure departmental orientation processes are in place and employees receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Reviews progressive discipline documentation for accuracy and consistency, and checks for supportive documentation and is accountable for determining appropriate action.
- Ensures employee files contain required employment paperwork, proper performance management and compensation documentation, are properly maintained and secured for the required length of time.
- Bachelors degree in business management, human resources or related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in human resources with a strong focus in employee relations.
- Competence in various Human Resources functional areas: onboarding/off boarding, employee relations, recruiting, training, and compensation.
- Experience in sports, hospitality or retail is helpful but not required.
- Knowledge of applicable California laws and regulations related to Human Resources
- Ability to handle highly confidential information in a professional manner
- Demonstrates a high level of judgment and discretion
- Must possess a high sense of urgency, and initiative.
- Must act in a professional and courteous manner, and demonstrate an ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, prioritizing and organizing workload to meet deadlines
- Strong ability to multi-task and work well in an environment subject to changing priorities and demands
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player with a positive attitude
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Non-Profit Sports Organization
West Region School