Sports Clubs Program Coordinator
This position has been filled - Job#: 453375586
The Sport Clubs Program Coordinator provides leadership, vision, and supervision for the daily operations and management of comprehensive Sport Clubs Program comprised of 32 nationally competitive sport teams averaging a total of 150 team officers, 1,100 team members, and 50 coaches each academic year.
The Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Assistant Director with personnel management, training, and scheduling for an average of 15 student staff. This position also develops and delivers multiple officer, coaches, and faculty/staff advisor education clinics specific to sport clubs operation, as well as daily management and delivery of Sport Club activities at multiple on and off-campus venues. The Coordinator assists the Assistant Director, Sport Clubs in the daily administration, supervision, and management of the overall Sport Club program, focusing on comprehensive development training and leadership opportunities for student team members and coaches.
The Coordinator works collaboratively with department colleagues to facilitate event operations and logistics within the Campus Recreation Department, Division of Student Affairs, and throughout the University to benefit students. The Coordinator is committed to promoting Campus Recreation values of community, integrity, and development by creating an inclusive environment in department facilities and via programming to a diverse University community.
This position is on-call to respond to personnel, program, and emergency situations.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in exercise science, physical education, kinesiology, recreation administration, sport management, leisure studies, student affairs, or comparable degree
- One year's work experience in a Sport Clubs or competitive sports program in higher education
- Experience supervising, managing, and mentoring student staff
- Experience developing and leading educational trainings
- Demonstrated knowledge of Sport Club program operations
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Master's degree in exercise science, physical education, kinesiology, recreation administration, sport management, leisure studies, student affairs, or comparable degree
- Two-year 20-hr/week graduate assistantship in Sport Clubs or competitive sports
- Direct personnel management experience of student staff: recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, and disciplining
- Budget development and budget management experience
- Experience with Sport Clubs event scheduling software
- Experience with programming or service delivery for diverse community populations
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Sports Sponsor Site
Sports Team (AZ)