Assistant Director of Athletics
This position has been filled - Job#: 453375791
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be an integral member of the senior management team, will serve on various committees and will report to the Vice Chancellor for Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Responsibilities include monitoring compliance with NCAA, Conference and institutional rules and regulations, enhancing a rules education program for coaches, staff, student-athletes and boosters, providing rules interpretations, monitoring recruiting activities, preparing waivers and violation reports, assisting the registrar and admissions director with certification of eligibility of student-athletes, working with the financial aid director in updating and maintaining NCAA squad lists, generating and maintaining all compliance forms, including transfer releases, practice schedules, NCAA Eligibility Center forms, recruiting forms, official visit forms and records related to the awarding and the distribution of athletics aid.
- Knowledge of NCAA and Conference regulations specifically as they apply to institutional policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with integrated NCAA software packages.
- Ability to supervise student workers. Proficiency in written and oral communication.
- Ability to counsel students and parents in NCAA legislative matters.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor's Degree and knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- An advanced degree and experience in intercollegiate athletics at the Division I level are preferred.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities: