Head Men's Basketball Coach
This position has been filled - Job#: 453376647
PRIMARY PURPOSE: This position is responsible for all aspects of instruction along with the development and management of a comprehensive NCAA Division II Men's Basketball program as a component of the college experience, which enhances and supports the students' liberal arts education and the mission of the College.
1. Directs all phases of the management and administration of the men's basketball program.
2. Responsible for complying with all policies and procedures as set forth by Assumption College, the NE10 Conference, and the NCAA.
3. Responsible for promoting and maintaining an atmosphere of compliance amongst assistant coaches and student-athletes.
4. Directly responsible for the retention and graduation of the student-athletes and coordinates with the Faculty Athletic Representative and Senior Associate Director of Athletics and Compliance.
5. Responsible for areas of the sport's budget including, recruiting and work study.
6. Schedules and conducts regular practice sessions as allowed by the NCAA and College guidelines. Utilizes sound teaching techniques in the preparation of games and practices.
7. Coordinates all scheduling with the sport supervisor.
8. Formalizes and executes an alumni outreach plan with the Senior Associate Director of Athletics for External Operations
9. Coordinates fundraising initiatives (events, individual outreach) with the Athletic Director and the Senior Associate Director of Athletics for External Operations for the purpose of enhancing the operating budget.
10. Oversees the conditioning and training of the student-athletes in conjunction with the sports medicine staff and adheres to all policies and procedures within the College's health and safety program.
11. Develops and implements strategies for motivating student-athletes to perform at their best.
12. Responsible for identifying, evaluating and recruiting potential student-athletes.
13. Initiates the process for recommending financial athletic aid, the National Letter of Intent and the non-renewal/renewal scholarship recommendations. All documentation for non-renewal of disciplinary suspensions is the responsibility of the head coach.
14. Conducts the performance evaluation of the assistant coaches and is the primary recruiter and recommends to the Athletic Director all hiring of staff members. Also monitors and coordinates the professional conduct of all coaches and support staff.
15. Participates in public relations activities and works closely with the College's athletic communications, marketing and fundraising programs. Attends athletic development/alumni functions, academic/athletic honors and other special events as designated by the College.
16. Represents the sport program in the community as appropriate.
17. Position requires working weekends and nights.
18. Assists in coordinating personal development initiatives and community service activities for all student-athletes.
19. Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
20. Serves as a Campus Security Authority for Clery reporting purposes and a Responsible Employee for Title IX reporting purposes.
- Must be willing to contribute actively to the mission of the College as well as show respect for the Catholic and Assumptionist identity of Assumption College.
- Bachelor's Degree/Master's preferred.
- College coaching experience preferred - at least 5 years of demonstrated coaching expertise.
- Strong communication and public relations, management and leadership skills.
- Shall maintain current certification in first aid, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automatic external defibrillator (AED) use.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Northeast Region School