Assistant Athletic Trainer
The Assistant Athletic Trainer position works the duration of the academic year, and is responsible for assisting the Head Athletic Trainer in all aspects of athletic training in our vibrant, expansive, and inclusive athletic and wellness programs. The Assistant Athletic Trainer position is a full-time, exempt position, working 10 months a year with student athletes in Grades 6-12.
The Athletic Trainer will work with the Head Athletic Trainer and a team of healthcare professionals (nurses, physical therapist, MD’s and others) to evaluate and/or refer injuries or conditions and coordinate guidelines for progress and return to health. Additional responsibilities will include instruction in our wellness curriculum as well as other administrative duties defined by the Head Athletic Trainer and athletic administration.
Skills and Competencies:
Fulfill duties and athletic coverage as defined by the athletic administration and Head Athletic Trainer, including but not limited to:
- Game and practice coverage, injury prevention and evaluation, communication to campus nurses, coaches, parents and faculty; coordination and implementation of rehabilitation programs and return to play protocols.
- Assist Head Athletic Trainer with CPR/AED certification of coaches, sports clearance tracking and baseline Impact test administration seasonally.
- Flexibility to work varied and odd hours-including nights and weekends.
- Willingness to teach classes in wellness program (Health, Nutrition, Mindfulness).
- Contribution to the team effort including assistance with other duties and functions defined by athletic administration.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Athletic Training
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Must be BOC certified and eligible for state athletic training licensure.
- CPR/AED Certification
- Certified instructor in CPR or willing to obtain certification
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience preferred
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Sports Health Facility
Northeast Region School