League Communications Manager
This position has been filled - Job#: 453378115
About the Position:
The Manager, League Communications will be responsible for supporting the SVP, Communications and Media Relations in all department responsibilities from the league’s Stamford, CT headquarters and execute plans and programs that will build and enhance the visibility of the brand, key league executives and the teams.
What you will do:
- Manage Public Relations Activities
- Manage and execute interviews for league personnel as well as support PR initiatives “on-the-ground” at training camp, media days, league meetings, game days, appearances and other events.
- Write/edit press releases, media alerts, biographies and other communications-related material as needed.
- Disseminate press materials, as necessary.
- Contribute to proactive media outreach to promote the XFL, its executives, teams, coaches, players and broadcasts.
- Monitor daily media coverage in print, radio, television and social media channels, and keep HQ team and local PR directors informed on a timely basis.
- Maintain and build upon solid sports, business, and trade contacts with national broadcast, print and online media outlets.
- Prepare briefing materials for league personnel media appearances, interviews and events.
- Work with the digital team to ensure the content on XFL.com is in alignment with league communications messaging and updated with current material.
- Spearhead campaigns to obtain company-wide corporate and industry awards.
- Organize and coordinate executive speaking/panel opportunities for senior leadership.
- Oversee company’s media monitoring function (Cision and Critical Mention experience a huge plus), and regular internal dissemination.
- Creative assets: Compile and manage all PR assets - photography, videos, logos and documents, as well as work with outside vendors on photo shoots, content capture opportunities and light creative development in support of PR initiatives.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Lacrosse Team (GA)