Assistant Athletic Trainer
Summary of Job Duties
The Assistant Athletic Trainer will serve in the Department of Athletics and assist in the daily operations of the athletic training room.
This position will be responsible for providing healthcare to student-athletes to include the prevention, evaluation, treatment, management, and rehabilitation of student-athletes' injuries and illnesses under the supervision of Team Physician's, Director of Sports Medicine, and Head Athletic Trainers.
The Assistant Athletic Trainer will need to effectively communicate and work in conjunction with Team Physicians and Sports Medicine Staff on treatment and implementing rehabilitation protocols for injured athletes as well as ensure that equipment is properly used and student-athletes are properly using the athletic training facilities. This position will maintain medical records on student-athletes including physicals, insurance information, medical evaluation and rehabilitation reports, and medical referrals.
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- At least one year of athletic training experience (internships and Graduate Assistants applicable)
- NATABOC certified
- Arkansas Athletic Trainer license (or eligible to obtain license)
- NCAA Division I athletic training experience
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)?
If yes, please specify
NATABOC Certified; Athletic Trainer license; Graston certified
- Master's degree earned on or before May 31, 2019, from an accredited institution of higher education
- Tennis athletic training experience
- Athletic training experience working in the SEC
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of SEC and NCAA rules and regulations
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work nights and weekends
Physical activities associated with this position
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Central Region School
Central Region School