Graduate Intern for Athletics Administrative Services
This position has been filled - Job#: 453378474
Essential Department of Athletics Responsibilities:
- Assist the Athletic Department in maintaining the database scheduling of all Athletics Facilities; serving as the central contact within the reservation system.
- Assist the Athletic Department in the management of outside community memberships; including registration, programming, communication, and serve as the general customer service contact.
- Assist the Athletic Department in maintaining fiscal budget control through data-entry of day-to-day expenses; coordinating accounts payable with the Associate Director of Athletics
- Assist the Athletic Department in recording and delivering monetary deposits in conjunction with University Bursar.
- Coordinate the opening and securing of the Athletic Facility on a day-to-day basis.
- Supervise, train, and schedule a student-workforce of approximately 50 to provide facility monitoring.
- Assist in the purchasing of regular office supplies.
- Collaborate with the Campus Facilities staff in production of maintenance work-orders.
- Attend regularly scheduled Facilities meetings with various groups across campus.
- Participate in Athletic Department staff meetings, functions and other duties as assigned by the Athletics Administration.
- Serve as a member of the Graduate On-Call (GOC) rotation in the event of a college closure
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree required, admission to one of College's graduate programs
- Prior experience in a collegiate and/or high school Athletics environment preferred;
- Strong organizational skills required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, computer literacy and strong interpersonal skills to work with various college constituencies
- The ability to work a flexible and irregular schedule
- Works well as a team member or independently
- Excels in prioritizing multiple tasks with attention to detail, problem solving and follow-through to consistently meet expectations and deadlines
- Appropriate certifications in First Aid / CPR and AED are required within an appropriate time of hire and must be completed (per NCAA regulations) before the beginning of the competitive season.
- Must hold valid driver's license.
- Ability to positively interact with a diverse population and uphold the university's commitment to inclusive excellence
- A positive attitude and an understanding of the importance of being open-minded and flexible
Salary & Benefits
- $4,000 stipend (10-month)
- Free room and full meal plan during the 10-month duration
- Tuition remission for two (2) Regis graduate courses/semester, with a maximum of six graduate courses (18 credits) per academic year (Note: Courses in the graduate Nursing, Applied Behavioral Analysis, Counseling Psychology, Occupational Therapy, and Doctor of Education programs are not eligible for tuition remission)
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Flexible schedule
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Conditions include a normal office environment, not subject to extremes in temperature, noise, odors, etc.
- This position requires weekday hours beginning at 7:00 am; nights and weekends will not be expected.
- May spend extended periods at terminal, on telephone, or operating other office machines, requiring eye-hand coordination and finger dexterity
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Northeast Region School