Distribution Center Manager-2nd Shift
This position has been filled - Job#: 453378914
- Responsible for all tasks involved with smooth daily operations of DC maintenance functions.
- Includes processing of merchandise from the receiving department to primary locations, replenishments, cycle counts, as well as assisting in the hiring and training of DC personnel.
**THIS POSITION IS 2ND SHIFT**
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the activities of Distribution staff engaged in DC system maintenance.
- Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information as need to Shipping Manager.
- TWL/WMS software is to be used effectively to ensure proper stock movements and inventory adjustments.
- Confer with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities
- Ensures timely and accurate input of all stock movement information through the Inventory Management System.
- General housekeeping, maintenance and organization of the dock and inventory areas.
- Work closely with Receiving and Shipping Manager for proper handling of inbound and outbound stock movements.
- Controls the flow of transfer product to the event staff and works with Production Manager and Shipping Manager to ensure orders are processed and completed within assigned deadlines.
- Solid communication skills to lead cross functional teams in achieving desired results
- Assist DC supervisors and manager to offer team assistance as demand shifts from one department to another.
- Identifies key operational goals and opportunities to improve coaching of team members and increases in efficiencies.
Education and/or Experience
- Three to five years industry experience required.
- Degree from an accredited institution in business, management or related field.
- Personnel management experience needed
- WMS/TWL experience a plus
- Valid driver’s license
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently.
- Must have strong leadership skills, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
- Will have thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office and comfortable with Internet and inventory control applications.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Must inspire team members to success.
- Strong team player.
- Commitment to company’s mission and vision
- Practice TCE (Total Customer Experience)
- Proficient and highest level of knowledge on MG’s systems, policies & procedures.
- General Safety
- Forklift/Hi Lift/Pallet Jack Training
- TCE Training
- Supervises employees for DC put aways and inventory control cycle counts.
- Supervises Shipping Department as needed.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Ttraining employees; planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Appraising performance rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Some physical exertion required.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move 0 to 75 pounds.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and occasionally bend and move about the facility.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
University ( OH )