Assistant Coach - Women's Lacrosse
Reporting to the Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach, the individual serving in this position is responsible for:
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of position/positions assignment.
- Performs planning, organization and execution for coaching (instruction/education) duties.
- Function in game day organization and assignments as prescribed by the Head Coach.
- Evaluation of opponents and the development of a game plan for student-athlete instruction in accordance with position/positions assignment.
- Perform recruiting activities and responsibilities.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Assist in the development of team rules and policies.
- Responsible for supervision, instruction and direction of student-athletes.
- Support, abide and enforce all academic guidelines and policies.
- Support and work cooperatively with Sports Medicine/Athletic Training, Strength and Conditioning, Equipment, Student Development, Life Skills, NCAA Compliance, Media Relations etc. areas in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Assist with administrative functions of the Women’s Lacrosse program.
- Perform duties with professional conduct, being fiscally responsible and with a commitment to student-athlete well-being.
- Abide by all written policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Build quality relationships and work collaboratively and professionally.
- Be available to make appearances, perform media interviews, speaking engagements and support activities representing the Women’s Lacrosse program and university athletics.
- Nights, weekends, holidays, extended hours, and travel are required.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited institution is required.
- Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions and conferred by the time of hire.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
- Previous women’s and/or men’s collegiate lacrosse playing or coaching experience preferred
Special Instructions to Applicant
- Candidates must also submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae/resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
- Original transcript required within 30 days of employment.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Basketball Team (NBA)
Athletic Department (FL)