Assistant Equipment Manager
This position has been filled - Job#: 453379110
- Full-time, year-round appointment.
- Assist the head equipment manager in all aspects of maintaining the equipment room for the Department of Athletics.
- Assist in maintaining accurate and up-to-date inventory records for all 32 varsity sports, utilizing excel and online databases.
- Support head coaches in procurement activities to ensure necessary stock levels.
- Provide a world-class experience and high level of service to student athletes.
- Train and supervise student workers on policies and procedures relative to inventorying, laundering, issuing, and maintaining apparel/equipment.
- Coordinate laundry services for all sports including but not limited to laundering loops, uniforms, and towels.
- Maintain clean and organized equipment room areas and ensure proper storage of athletic equipment used in and around the facility.
- Fit, clean and repair equipment in accordance with National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE) and Athletic Equipment Managers Association (AEMA) standards.
- Maintain all student athlete records with regards to fitting, maintenance, and repair.
- Foster, build, and maintain relationships with vendors and sporting goods companies.
- Reconcile all shipping and receiving activities within prescribed timelines.
- Ensure compliance with all NCAA and Confereence rules relating to equipment operations.
- Work closely with other departments on campus to affect optimum support.
- Support special event planning and operations.
- Attend department meetings.
- Secondary summer assignment to be determined.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; additional coursework or post-secondary education preferred.
- Experience with an athletic equipment inventory system a plus.
- Ability to work a dynamic schedule with frequent evening and weekend hours.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills with a high level of motivation.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are critical.
- Must be able to work independently, exercise judgment, manage projects with minimal supervision, and adjust to new projects.
- Valid driver’s license required and must meet the College’s Fleet Safety Policy requirements.
- Ability to make an impact through work as a member of a team and diverse community.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,416 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Private College (ME)
Private University (NY)