HVAC I (Full-Time)
- Safely and efficiently assisting in the testing of new and existing equipment/systems.
- Participate in the maintenance and repair of all mechanical systems and contribute to proactive efforts ensuring proper operation, performance and reliability
- With minimum assistance, determines reasons for component, systems or structure malfunctions through troubleshooting and determines corrective actions to ensure proper and timely repairs
- Conduct safety audits to identify deficiencies and unsafe practices, which need immediate correction insuring a safe working environment.
- Maintain records, schedules, charts, etc., as required to ensure proper and timely preventive maintenance or repair of components, systems and structures. Submit ideas and suggestions to Management to help plan work schedules and assignments in accordance with O&M repair requirements.
- Works in conjunction with the HVAC Lead to help plan and implement an effective P.M. program for all HVAC components, systems and structures.
- Follows work priorities according to the status of the components, systems, structures, and actual work request forms to include all formal work order documentation.
- Ensures that equipment is properly tagged and secured before maintenance or repair work is performed.
- Monitors O&M work to ensure correct procedures are being followed and provide assistance when necessary.
- Ensure correct procedures are being followed and provides assistance when necessary.
- Regularly inspects assigned equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Helps develop techniques for work method simplification, improving working conditions, reducing costs, and staying informed on matters which improve results.
- Maintains records, schedules, charts, etc., as required by the HVAC Lead to ensure proper and timely P.M. or repair of components, systems and structures.
- Assist management with conducting safety audits and training, planning safety improvements, record keeping, and enforcement of OSHA guidelines
- Performs other duties as required or as assigned by the HVAC Lead.
- High School diploma/GED required.
- 2 years’ experience preferred but not required. Kitchen equipment experience preferred but not required.
- Third Class Engineer Certificate under the National Institute for the Uniform Licensing of Power Engineers (NIULPE) preferred but not required.
- Must possess a detailed working knowledge of mechanical and electrical components, systems and structures to include tools, test instruments, and proper procedures related to installation and repair of equipment associated with buildings requiring steam, hot water, chilled water, air conditioning, and general facilities care.
- Must be a self-starter and motivated.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written, are imperative.
- Knowledge of safety equipment, systems and OSHA Guidelines required.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Southeast Region School
Southeast Region School