- Manage all assigned events at the Arena from conception through completion and thereafter.
- Provide outstanding customer service both externally and internally with creativity and consistency.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize are essential.
- This role oversees details such as:
- Invitee list
- Special guests
- Promotional material
- Review technical riders, pre-event information and discuss production requests and requirements pertinent organizations involved.
- Acquire all relevant information pertaining to assigned events for the success of eachevent.
- Organize and manage pre-event meetings and ensure attendance of all relevant staff.
- Develop and distribute event resumes and/or information sheets in a timely manner to all departments and relevant staff.
- Compile, present and review event information in weekly staff meetings and all relevant pre-event meetings.
- Conduct post-event briefings for continual improvement to benefit future events.
- Develop event files to retain all event information for future events and for other staff review.
- Prepare budget and cost control measures for assigned events.
- Provide estimates and forecasting information for assigned events to finance department and ensure event reporting is accurate.
- Attend and lead event settlements working with finance in all aspects of the event settlement process.
- Develop proper CAD drawings for all assigned events and all areas of use.
- Work in conjunction with the ticketing department.
- Anticipate production, logistical and operation problems.
- Identify appropriate solutions and project consequences of proposed actions.
- Implement recommendations in support of organizational objectives.
- Oversee event personnel and report any important positive or negative feedback to relevant department managers.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, co-workers, part-time staff, contractors, patrons as well as public and municipal officials.
- Assist in developing department specific rules and regulations, standard operating procedures, and training manuals.
- Assist in the review and determination of best practices for event load-in/set-up, maximum capacity with various configurations and load-out/tear down.
- Assist in cost estimates for events of various size and type.
- Assist in selection of event related FF&E.
- Learn and review all areas inside and outside the arena with special emphasis on those with event specific use and purpose.
- Assist in bid and/or sales process for new events.
- Complete all duties as assigned, on a timely basis, and with a high degree of professionalism.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred area of study in Event Production or Sports/Entertainment Management and/or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in event management, production preferably in concerts, sporting events and game management is desired.
- Course work in Trained Crowd Manager is desired.
- Demonstrate knowledge in event production, including all technical requirements for the types of events at the facility.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of highly technical Audio Visual and other Electronic Systems specific to the Event Industry.
- Ability to read, understand and implement artists riders.
- Knowledge of fire and public safety regulations.
- Working knowledge of standard trade tools and equipment.
- Must be able to operate under extreme deadlines and within budgets.
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Keyboarding skills and computer proficiency with software knowledge.
- Proficient in Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) programs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to be exposed to adverse weather conditions when required to work outside.
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as business is called for.
- Self-motivated with strong client relations.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Superior customer service experience.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with internal and external parties.
- Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, sketches.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, drawings, construction submittals and specifications.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Central Region School
Hockey Team (IL)