Assistant Athletic Director of Communications
This position has been filled - Job#: 453379416
- Oversee the day-to-day communications and media relations for all 24 NCAA Division III sports under the supervision of the Athletic Director.
- Serve as the Sports Information Director for assigned programs and support event operations.
- Identify, develop, and execute the athletic communications strategies to enhance the college and department image and support long – term communications goals.
- Supervise and support telling compelling stories in written, video, social media, graphics or other innovative formats in collaboration with the communications team.
- Lead creative direction of projects, and oversee day-to-day tasks assigned to communications team.
- Ensure timely completion of tasks and efficiency/effectiveness in overall athletic communications operations.
- Manage and maintain the athletics department website.
- Write and edit various department communication materials, including postseason publications, press releases, game notes, record books and content for the department’s website.
- Coordinate game day staffing and set up for events, including professional and student employees.
- Work closely with athletics and communications staff to promote stories of the department through digital, video and social media platforms.
- Responsible for oversight and management of Athletic Communications department budget.
- Manage and oversee the obtaining of pricing, production, and delivery of project orders.
- Serve as the point of contact for outside production vendors with design questions or concerns.
- Serve as the point of contact and authority for brand and logo questions or approvals.
- Support and oversee nominations and promotion of student-athletes and coaches for awards.
- Maintain historical records, statistics and photographs among other important department information.
- Travel with teams when deemed appropriate.
- Requires education equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Requires 3 or more years of athletic communications experience.
- Requires excellent communication skills.
- Requires the ability to use a personal computer, spreadsheet, Adobe Creative Suite software, stat programs and digital/video editing programs.
- Requires knowledge of and the ability to use a variety of standard office equipment such as a telephone and computer keyboard.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
University ( OH )