Media Relations/Social Media Intern (Fall)
- These full-time, part-time, and game day positions will all report to the Media Relations Manager.
- Foster the development of the intern’s skills and knowledge in the field of Sports Communication.
- These openings will have a heavy focus on:
- Graphic Design
- Social Media
- Media Relations
- Game Day Photography
- Language Development
- Work hard, smart, and collaboratively to enhance the experience.
- Ideal candidates will be flexible, hard-working, and comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment.
- Undergraduate/graduate student looking to gain experience in the Sports Industry.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative mindset for social media content, press release language, and marketing ideas.
- Proficient in Microsoft (PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) and Google Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.).
- Must be technologically adept.
- Ability to work cohesively with the Black Bears Front Office, Coaches, Game Operations Staff, and Volunteers.
- Proactive and ambitious work style and able to be productive with minimal supervision
- Graphic Design experience with PhotoShop, Adobe Suite, Canva, etc.
- General Hockey/Sports Knowledge.
- Students majoring in Sports Management, Communications, Journalism, Marketing.
- Experience with WordPress/SportsEngine.
- Prior sports industry experience.
- Assist in developing language for press releases, social media content, and marketing.
- In-game social media coverage during all home games.
- Create graphics for social media, promotional nights, and website.
- Expand press list and help develop relationships with local and national sports reporters.
- Develop Communication Strategies and Marketing Campaigns focused on building brand awareness and increasing fan engagement.
- Prospect and contact organizations throughout the community.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities: