Assistant Coach, Women's Ice Hockey
- Assist the head coach in accordance with University and NCAA Division III rules and regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary responsibilities are to assist the head coach in all aspects and duties involved in administrating a competitive NCAA Division III women's ice hockey program including:
- Recruiting athletically and academically qualified student athletes which includes travel.
- Scouting opponents and video breakdown.
- Provide professionalism, leadership, commitment and passion for excellence in competing conducive to the development of student athletes.
- Encourage a commitment to academic excellence.
- Aid in organizing development and implementing practice plans.
- Assist in planning and preparing for games; pre-game set up.
- Develop and monitor a strength and condition program for the student athletes for pre and post season.
- Assist in recruitment and communication correspondence of qualified prospective student athletes in high school.
- Attend all games home and away and practices.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- College coursework strongly preferred.
- A minimum of two years of playing or coaching experience required.
- Must possess current CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Valid chauffeur's license required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Must have the ability to work with traditional-aged college student population.
- Knowledge of Windows-based computer applications is preferred.
- Must be committed to a philosophy that emphasizes academic priorities and good citizenship both on and off the field.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Northeast Region School
College ( NJ )