Assistant Athletic Trainer/Assistant Operations
This position has been filled - Job#: 453383688
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with all college, conference and NCAA rules and regulations related to medical care for student-athletes.
- Act as a first responder for athletic injuries, treatment, rehabilitation, and referral of athletically injured student-athletes for physician care.
- Ensure that student-athletes are evaluated by their doctor on an annual basis to determine whether they are physically able to practice and compete in the intercollegiate sports program and coordinate records with the Student Health Service Department.
- Communicate with coaches regarding the injury status of student-athletes.
- Act as liaison between the Athletic Department and Student Health Services Department.
- Assist in developing an annual operating budget and overseeing the purchasing of training room supplies and equipment.
- Provide coverage for home athletic events and postseason games as assigned
- Provide coverage for team practices as assigned.
- Maintain up-to-date medical records for each student-athlete
- Oversee, develop and mentor Sports Medicine Student Assistants
- Other duties as assigned by Head Athletic Trainer and/or Director of Athletics
- Must be NATABOC certified and NYS Licensure (eligible).
- Bachelor’s degree required. CSCS certification and/or CPR/AED Instructor certification a plus.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Athletic Training experience at the College level preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, use of e-mail and internet, use of SportsWare (a plus).
- Nights and weekend hours.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$1 for your First Week
Week-to-Week Premium Subscription - $9.95 per week after trial period - Cancel anytime.
College ( NY )