Asst. Football Coach - College of Athletics
Salary commensurate with qualifications, education & University guidelines.
The purpose of this position is to assist the Head Coach by coaching an assigned position for the team.
Responsible for orienting and training others and assigning and reviewing their work. May also be responsible for acting in a lead or senior capacity over other positions performing essentially the same work or related technical tasks and reporting to a higher level on a formal basis.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Internal contacts are with faculty, staff and students. External contacts are with alumni, community, Business Association and leaders, athletic association members and the general public.
- Establishes commitments to compliance of rules and keeps all student athletes informed about National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) conference and University eligibility requirements, new legislation, academic standards and University code of conduct.
- Assists the Head Coach with film breakdown strategizing game plan and teaching techniques and fundamentals of the position.
- Assist student-athletes in practice to prepare for competition.
- Communicates with other University departments in day-to-day operation of the athletic program.
- Assists Head Coach in strategic game planning.
- Assist in coordinating practice and meetings.
- Assist the Academic Advisor with monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes.
- Meets all NCAA certification standards and attends all University compliance workshops and meetings.
- Promotes and markets team and generates funds to supplement budget for the athletic program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of University, NCAA and Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference (MEAC) rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of the sport as well as coaching training and techniques.
- Ability to supervise and evaluate student athletes.
- Skill in oral and written English to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Skill in organization as well as technical and disciplinary skills to help assist the coordinator.
- Ability to show sensitivity and understand the unique mission of a historically black educational institution.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and harmonious work relations with faculty, staff, students and customers.
Bachelor's degree in related field and minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience. 10 years of related work experience may be substituted in lieu of educational qualifications.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Sports & Entertainment