- Aid with day-to-day operations and media requests.
- Assist in preparation of game notes and lineups during regular season; compile, print and distribute all game day materials for press box.
- Write daily Minor League report chronicling all team affiliates during summer; write weekly fall/winter league reports tracking performance of the team's minor leaguers.
- Use Minor League reports to accumulate a database of highlights for individual team's’ prospects for use as content in bios and other media material.
- Responsible for completing and maintaining other special projects related to team and player performances that arise throughout the year, such as tracking all player milestones and Minor League weekly/monthly awards.
- Assist with events and press conferences as needed; aid with publicizing the team's charitable, community, and marketing efforts.
- Responsible for compiling and disseminating daily digital news clips pertaining to the organization.
- Assist in production and content writing for team publications, including media guide, season summary, gameday program, and alumni newsletter.
- Attend weekly Communications Department meetings and actively participate by sharing ideas and feedback.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Extremely organized, detail oriented, accountable and self-sufficient.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess excellent computer skills that include, but are not limited to, Word, Excel, Desktop Publishing (InDesign).
- Ability to work during normal business hours, nights, weekends, and occasional holidays.
Suggested Education & Experience Guidelines:
- Journalism, Communications, or Sports Management degrees preferred.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,993 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports Media Organization
Private University (FL)