Director, Building Operations and Sustainability
- Managing Operations and Departmental Budgets
- Manages all arena conversion operations, uniform distribution, and arena housekeeping
- Administers service contracts to support property needs.
- Coaches and supports operation teams to effectively manage controllable expenses (e.g., wages, tools and equipment, grounds keeping supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, inventory, etc.).
- Develops an operating strategy that is aligned with the organizations business strategy.
- Develops and manages Operating, Uniform, Environmental and Sustainability budget.
- Ensures integration of departmental goals in game plans.
- Develops relationships with vendors which support facility operations
- Reviews financial reports to determine how Operations, Uniform and Environmental departments are performing against budget.
- Addresses potential areas of concern and proposing solutions to stakeholders in a proactive manner.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Supervises projects to ensure timely completion of projects within budgetary guidelines.
- Maintain relationships with key vendors to drive important initiatives such as zero waste and developing and implementing strategies to support and pursue sustainable policies and procedures.
Maintaining Operating Standards
- Develops, administers, and maintains property environmental standards.
- Facilitates and Support all arena event conversions.
- Administers the Uniform Distribution Department for the entire Arena staff.
- Ensures policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes and standards that drive arena sustainability.
- Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing financial performance, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
- Monitors and manages the payroll function.
- Manages department's operating expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Participates in the development of department's capital expenditure goals; manages projects as needed.
- Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
- Understands the impact of department's operation on the overall organization financial goals; educates staff on details as appropriate.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to standards.
- Utilizes employee feedback and an “open door” policy to identify and address employee problems or concerns in a timely manner.
- Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
- Resolves guest problems and complaints.
- Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication takes place throughout the facility operation to communicate daily operations activities, set expectations and create awareness of business objectives.
- High school diploma or GED; 6 years of experience in the arena and event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area OR 2-year degree from an accredited university in Venue Operations, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years of experience in the arena and event management, food and beverage, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
- 1-2 years of experience in establishing and maintaining building sustainability practices.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision and able to initiate work when needed.
- Must be able to produce high level reports and analysis with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be highly organized and able to exercise professional initiative and good judgment in prioritizing work and balancing multiple tasks.
- Must be able to maintain discretion and confidence as this position will have access to sensitive information.
- Experience interacting with all colleagues at all levels of an organization.
- Must have a command of the English language and have an advanced level of writing/communication skills.
- Must be computer literate with a working knowledge and experience with the entire Microsoft suite of products, AND other software packages as applicable.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$5 For Your First 30 Days
No Commitment Premium Subscription - $19.95 a month after trial period - Cancel anytime.