Certified Group Fitness Instructors
Certified Group Fitness Instructors lead, provide safe instruction and a welcoming environment to all members of the University community during assigned group fitness class regardless of fitness levels. In addition, they are skilled in making adaptations/modifications in their given areas of expertise for all physical fitness skills levels and are trained to respond professionally to any injuries or accidents that may occur.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Safely Instruct assigned monthly Group Exercise classes in their certified area of discipline.
- Take into account each participant's skill level and physical limitations and make modifications accordingly with various exercises that will assist the participant in achieving success.
- Design classes to be fun and to help motivate participants to enjoy the class and want to continue to participate.
- Applicants must have a current group exercise instructor certification from a nationally recognized fitness association governing body, such as the American Council on Exercise, Athletic and Fitness Association of America, American College of Sports Medicine, etc. for such Group Exercises classes as High Intensity Interval Training, Boot Camp.
- For Zumba classes, Instructors must possess a minimum of Basic Step 1 Zumba certification from an accredited Zumba Instructor Association such as Zumba.com
- For Yoga classes, instructors must possess a certification from an accredited national Yoga Association, such as Yoga Alliance, YogaFit, Aura Wellness, YogaWorks, etc.
- All Instructor applicants must have current CPR/AED certification from a nationally recognized governing body such as American Red Cross, American Heart Association, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Highly organized
- Demonstrate a high energy level with the ability to motivate class participants
- Ability to provide their own music for the classes they instruct
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$1 for your First Week
Week-to-Week Premium Subscription - $9.95 per week after trial period - Cancel anytime.
University - VA