Engineer/ Electrician, Full Time
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The following are examples of the various functions required. The job requirements are not limited to the items on this list:
- Troubleshoot all electrical malfunctions. Repair all inoperable electrical equipment and circuits;
- Develop and follow preventative maintenance schedule for all electrical machinery, equipment, and wiring;
- Prepare, repair and maintain electrical fixtures and sockets to run required wires as requested by the event;
- Inspect and assist on all electrical work and wiring to insure the facility meets safety standards;
- Advise the facility of any and all problems related to the electrical systems. Report any event-caused damages to supervisor;
- Maintain, stock inventory, order and pick-up adequate spare electrical parts and supplies; when ordering, follow purchase order SOP for all orders over $100
- Advise supervisor, construction contractors, promoters, event coordinators and other on event’s electrical requirements;
- Assist with special event preparation, conversions and post event needs, as requested;
- Catalog all work, repairs and projects through the building maintenance work order system;
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed;
- Assists co-workers in the Engineering and Operations departments with projects.
- Operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, scissor lifts or other light power-driven equipment.
- Respond to visual and audible alarms from the Fire Alarm system.
- Operate, monitor and repair emergency power generator, Fire Alarm system and Intelligent Lighting Control system for the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Possess either a Master or Journeyman electrical license and any other certificates and/or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation system.
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the facility’s state.
- 5 years of Commercial electrical experience.
- Demonstrate knowledge and proper use of all procedures, techniques, machines, materials, equipment and tools used in electrical construction and maintenance.
- Understand and work from general instructions and specifications and follow blueprints, sketches and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Ability to follow all safety precautions, building codes, rules, regulations, risk management and emergency procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender/gender identity , age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws. EOE & DFWP
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,854 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Community College (FL)