Assistant/Associate Athletic Director, External Operations
- Supervision of assigned sport programs. Routine monitoring of overall operation of each program including but not limited to student-athlete recruitment, retention, graduation, compliance, fundraising, budget addressing any issues or concerns.
- Supervision and management of Graduate Assistant role and responsibilities.
- Supervision of Athletic Communications.
- Major Engagement Events. Organize, collaborate and manage major events such as homecoming, hall of fame induction, athletics golf tournament, awards banquets, etc.
- Fundraising: Maintain donor records (contact reports, proposals and next steps) in Raiser's Edge. Identify new prospects in collaboration with Institutional Advancement Staff.
- Vendor Relationships and Activation of Sponsor Assets: Maintain positive vendor relationships and ensure all partnership/sponsorship assets are being activated and assurance that all parties are obtaining what was agreed upon.
- Alumni Stewardship & Events: Develop regular alumni stewardship through banquets and events, etc.
- Alumni Engagement: Develop routine communications with coaches and athletics staff directed at alums. Cultivate further alumni engagement.
- Marketing and Promotions: Enhancement of the game and fan experience through a variety of marketing and promotional activities at athletic events.
- Required Degree(s): Bachelor's degree
- Preferred Degree(s): Master's degree
- Required Field of Expertise: Higher Education; Athletics Development/Fundraising, Strategic Planning/Vision, Alumni Cultivation
- Required Licensure(s): Valid, insurable driver's license.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of the institution and outside constituents
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Works collaboratively with students, and other college departments.
- Communicates changes effectively.
- Reacts well under pressure. Strong computer skills, analytical skills and well-developed written and oral communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Develops realistic action plans.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,040 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Private College (MA)
Collegiate Summer Baseball Team
Public University (NJ)