Director, Media Relations
- Positions directly supervises Media assistantship, office interns, consultants
- To coordinate and supervise a program of public, media and community relations to create interest in the events and activities of the Committee, always making efforts to present that information in as positive a manner as possible while remaining consistent with the truth.
- Spokesperson for the Committee when necessary.
- Establish relationships with local and national media in promoting programming.
- Operation of the media department, including all departmental budgets and strategic plans.
- Hiring of all support personnel including assistantships, interns, temporary bowl week paid workers and volunteer employees.
- General department staff management; assignment of duties and follow-up reporting formats.
- Implementation of media crisis management plan as first point of contact.
- Liaison to hired consultants and assigned membership sub-committees; correspondence, meetings and general communication.
- Maintenance of state, regional and national media contact lists.
- Creation of event press releases.
- Create media pitches for game-related stories, football and basketball
- Planning and execution of fall Media Event.
- Primary contact for television and radio network partners.
- Primary contact for media hotel, on-site vendors (set-up rental equipment, oversee hotel credential and hospitality rooms) and stadium personnel.
- Assign event media purchased tickets.
- Supervise football and basketball statistical compilations and follow-up reporting to the NCAA office as requested.
- Assistance on special projects.
- Assist with organizational long-term strategic analysis and goal-setting process.
- Attend assigned conference, FBA, CFP and CoSIDA meetings, and attend events such as CFP National Championship and ACC Championship game as necessary.
- Other tasks as assigned by Chief Marketing Officer
- Bachelor’s degree required, and a minimum of seven (7) years of experience.
- Able to manage, prioritize and bring to completion multiple projects.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Proofreading skills required.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters.
- Attention to detail and adaptability to a changing environment is extremely important as well as dependability.
- A willingness to work long hours required at times.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!
$1 for your First Week
Week-to-Week Premium Subscription - $9.95 per week after trial period - Cancel anytime.
Private College (TN)
Pro Football Team