- Understands and maintains the payroll and timekeeping systems efficiently and effectively. Works with the Director, Accounting & Payroll and outside contractors to update system functionality as needed.
- Inputs and verifies various manual payroll items, i.e. monthly commissions, car allowances, commissions, stipends, bonuses and garnishments, etc. into the automated computer payroll system for SM payroll.
- Works with Baseball Operations to verify Players contracts for salary, deductions and all other pay related items. Manages the taxation for all players, as they must be taxed in all jurisdictions that they play (not only Major League, but all Minor League Movement as well).
- Collects and processes all data for Semi-Monthly and Bi-Weekly Payroll (which includes Player payroll during the season). Over $4 million in payroll expense is processed for no less than 14 payrolls each year.
- Interacts with various players, their agents and financial institutions as needed.
- Manages the input and verification of all new players for the Major League as well as the 6 Minor League affiliates.
- Edits pre-check payroll reports against source records, traces and corrects any errors. Prepares a coordinated payroll binder for the Director - Accounting & Payroll, Controller and/or CFO for review.
- Oversees the printing of individual paychecks and sorting of mail to the correct locations when the players are traveling.
- Create the tax uploads for tickets, taxable meals, hotels and travel as needed throughout the year.
- Allocate all additional earnings of players across their work locations at the end of the year for taxing purposes.
- Payout Post-Season Shares on an as needed basis, as directed by the team and MLB.
- Trains and advises Manger, HR & Payroll Systems on daily payroll processes. Will audit all payroll processes performed by the Manger, HR & Payroll Systems for accuracy and validity.
- Electronically transmits tax file to tax company, prepares and electronically transmits the funding requests and the direct deposit file to Lerner Headquarters on pay period basis
- Verifies that the HR department has keyed in all full-time, part-time, and seasonal new hires for accuracy in the Payroll and Timekeeping systems.
- Works with the Enterprise Team, as well as other scheduling departments, to set up events in ABI so that they map correctly to Ultipro for General Ledger reporting.
- Works closely with HR and Accounting staff to ensure that all company Payroll and Human Resource Policies are maintained and enforced.
- Trains new Payroll and Internal staff as needed on systems, processes and procedures; is the “go-to” employee for ABI, and all of UltiPro (including Employee Single Sign-On). Assists HR when payroll reports are needed from Business Intelligence within UltiPro. (Workers Comp, Discrimination testing, etc.)
- Will maintain and verify the NUPP plan for Front Office employees.
- Preferred experience working with a professional sports team.
- Preferred experience using UltiPro & Ultimate Software.
- Preferred experience working with ABI Timekeeping system.
- Four year college degree preferred and a minimum of 5 to 8 years experience in payroll.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills; Ability to interact with people of all different levels and backgrounds.
- Understands need for data integrity and pays attention to maintaining accurate and timely data, detail oriented with solid organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with fellow employees.
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access. Ability to meet deadlines under pressure and/or frequently deal with difficult issues related to people or situations.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,962 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Professional Baseball Team
Private University (DC)
Private University (DC)