Assistant/Associate Athletic Trainer
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Assistant Athletic Trainer Medical care and coverage of student-athletes
- Provide prevention, evaluation, care and rehabilitation services to student-athletes for all athletically related injuries and illnesses sustained during practices and athletic competition.
- Provide medical coverage and care for men and women’s athletics teams, coordinate pre-practice, practice, post-practice and athletic team competition medical needs, specifically volleyball and other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Sports Medicine.
- Coordinate and supervise medical services with the athletic training aids/student managers, team physicians and paramedic services for practices and home competition.
- Communicate with all needed parties on injury and illness information including student-athletes, parents, physicians, mental health providers, administration, athletic training staff, coaching staff, strength and conditioning staff, and sports nutrition staff.
- Coordination and transportation of student-athletes to and from physician appointments as needed.
- Provide daily instruction and specific work assignments relating to pre-practice, practice, post-practice and athletic team competition needs to athletic training aids and student managers as assigned.
Administration, Documentation –
- Maintain and document medical records, rehabilitation programs and reconditioning programs of student-athletes’ injuries and illnesses within electronic medical record system.
- Assist in coordination of insurance information and coverage between student-athletes, insurance coordinator and providers.
- Assist in the daily operation and maintenance of athletic training facilities
- Assist the Director of Sports Medicine with the review of all policy and procedures for Sports Medicine Department. Review, evaluate and make recommendations to the Director of Sports Medicine on an ongoing basis relative to policies, procedures and health care issues for the student athletes Collaborate with other support groups in the Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
- Collaborate with the strength and conditioning staff, sports nutrition staff and sport coaching staff in developing reconditioning, performance and wellness programming.
- Communicate with all needed parties on injury and illness information including coaching staff, strength and conditioning staff, and sports nutrition staff.
- Collaborate with support groups to develop integrated programming and education to student-athletes to optimize performance and wellness.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1.Knowledge of concussion testing and evaluation as it relates to the health of male and female student-athletes.
2.Maintain appropriate Occupational and Safety, Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines for the DIA Sports Medicine Department.
3.Maintain NATABOC certification and state licensure through regular attendance of continuing educational programs and compliance of continuing educational requirements established by the National Athletic Trainers Association Board of Certification (NATA-BOC).
4.Maintain knowledge of and compliance with specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position.
Associate Athletic Trainer
- Assist the Director of Sports Medicine with supervision and/or mentorship of assistant athletic Trainers, intern athletic trainers, and graduate assistant athletic trainers.
- Inventory and purchase of athletic training supplies; Product research and financial comparison.
- Assist with recruitment, hiring and development of new sports medicine department staff.
- Assist in other as assigned administrative responsibilities or projects as directed by the Director of Sports Medicine
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,932 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Collegiate Sports (TX)
Private University (OH)
Private University (OH)