Data Engineer & Systems Analyst
- Responsible for improving and maintaining hockey operations and business analytics database systems.
- Work closely with analytics department to ensure applications and databases operate effectively and new requests are meant.
- Develop and maintain ETL processes for loading, processing and quality-checking new data sources.
- Develop and implement new functionalities to existing software and database systems while maintaining the integrity of current systems.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of software/database best practices, and make recommendations on improvement of data systems.
- Continuously optimize hockey operations’ applications and data systems.
- Possess solid organization skills and the ability to communicate effectively to internal stakeholders and vendors.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
- Excellent statistical and analytical skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently.
- Expert in database management best practices.
- Experience in sports and big data environment a plus.
- Ability to manage long-term projects, as well as quick turnaround assignments.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, R, Python, or other data science languages.
- Strong knowledge of cloud architectures such as Azure, DigitalOcean, AWS.
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage projects among various departments.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,945 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime