Assistant Director, Athlete Center for Enrichment
The Assistant Director works with 250 student-athletes to achieve academic success while complying with the rules and regulations of the NCAA, Atlantic 10 Conference and the University
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in conjunction with faculty advisors to ensure student-athletes comply with all rules and regulations of the NCAA, Atlantic 10 Conference, and the University to achieve academic success.
- Provide advising support with course registration, drop/add guidance, schedule revisions, and degree audits for progress toward degree and follow up with students about Starfish flags and concerns expressed by professors for ten teams.
- Assist incoming student-athletes (First-years and Transfers) with their first registration.
- As a member of the Continuing Eligibility Committee work in conjunction with the Director of Compliance, the Faculty Athletic Representative and the ACE Director to ensure students adhere to NCAA, Atlantic 10 and the university guidelines.
- Provide academic and career preparation assistance to student-athletes through individual sessions and/or workshops.
- Prepare travel letters, and serve as a liaison with professors when rescheduling and/or proctoring exams that conflict of competition schedules.
- Track the academic progress of eligibility-risk students and develop plans with student-athletes that may be shared with head coaches and appropriate athletic administration.
- Support the Life Skills Program in conjunction with the Athletic Department that includes personal growth, career preparation, leadership development and faith/spirituality exploration.
- Coordinate the annual Mid-year Recognition Ceremony and the SOAR Leadership Academy
- Prepare the A10 Missed class report, Mid-term and Final grade reports, Study Hall reports, and Semester Summary Reports.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the "Taking Flight" Program, Academic Boot Camp and Freshmen Seminars.
- Assist with the completion of NCAA, Atlantic 10, and departmental documents including NCAA eligibility report, Arms Reports and the Departmental Annual Report.
- Meet with prospective student-athletes during recruiting visits.
- Serve as member of the Rebound, Team Wellness, Orientation, Probation Academic Success Strategies (PASS), and Invisible Safety Net Committees
- Supervise study hall when necessary
- Work collaboratively and support efforts within the Success Center to increase retention and persistence to graduation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,890 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Collegiate Sports (PA)
Sports Media Organization
Private Jesuit University