Internships – Marketing and Community Development 2021-2022 (Year-long)
- Are able to commit to a full-time work schedule (8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., weekends, evenings and holidays as necessary) from approximately June 2021 through May/June 2022.
- Have a passion to work in the professional sports industry and are ready to make an impact on the Houston Texans organization!
Your application will be considered for one of the following internships within the Marketing and Community Departments for the 2021-2022 year.
- Marketing Events
- Marketing Advertising
- Community Development
Paid Internship: $7.25/hour
- Completion of, or in pursuit of, Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university required.
- Previous related experience in marketing, promotions, and event coordination and/or execution preferred.
- Sports and/or entertainment experience preferred
Marketing Events Internship:
Overview: Assist in the development and execution of all events and programs that promote the organization and enhance the fan experience at Texans Gamedays, marketing eventsinitiatives, youthhigh school football, and other year-round club events.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of Texans Gameday Presentation.
- Coordinate logistics for state flag holder groups for the season. Assist in execution of on-field and in-stadium promotions.
- Assist with all Texans fan development efforts, focusing on the growth of Battle Red Ladies, TOROs Kids Club, and Somos Texans.
- Duties to include but not limited to, assisting with event coordination, event execution, new membership recruiting, communications, and other marketing efforts. Assist in executing youthhigh school football outreach initiatives including; Gatorade Jr. Training Camp, Play Safe Football Clinics, Youth Football Camp, and Friday Night Football.
- Assist in the management, coordination, and execution of all grassroots activations pertaining to fan development including; youth, female, Hispanic, and other avid fan groups.
Marketing Advertising Internship:
Overview: Responsible for assisting in the development, execution and tracking of Club advertising and marketing initiatives.
- Assist with creating emails, writing copy, building landing pages and other CRM needs. Events/Programs: Fan clubs, Waitlist, contests, regional marketing, cheerleader and mascot appearances.
Community Development Internship:
Overview: Assist the Community Development staff with all events, projects and initiatives.
- Assist Community Relations staff on events and gameday initiatives related to the following NFL platforms: Breast Cancer Awareness, Military Appreciation, PLAY 60, My Cause My Cleats and Inspire Change.
- Assist Marketing Manager, Youth Outreach with coordination and execution of youth football programs including Gatorade Jr. Training Camp, Showcase League, NFL FLAG, InsideOut, Coach of the Week, and other high school football initiatives.
- Maintain player appearance request inbox and voicemail. Assist with player autograph sessions and appearances in the community.
- Support Texans Foundation staff at fundraising events.
All internships also require:
- Performing other duties as assigned from time to time by the Senior Vice President of Marketing and Community Development, Community Development Director and Managers, Marketing Directors and Managers, and/or other departmental staff members.
- Routine face-to-face personal interaction with other Club personnel; therefore, job responsibilities must be physically performed in the Club offices and not in a telecommuting manner.
Please note that while resumes of all candidates will be considered, as a way for the Texans organization to acknowledge and reciprocate the tremendous support given the Team by local fans and the local community in general, qualified candidates with permanent addresses in the Houston metropolitan and surrounding areas will be given first consideration whenever possible.
If your skills and experience match our available position requirements, a Human Resources representative will contact you directly. Due to the volume of resumes received by the Houston Texans, we are unable to provide updates on the status of individual applications.
The Houston Texans organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,140 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports Internship (GA)