Assistant Manager of Facilities, Events and Operations
This university is seeking an Assistant Manager of Facilities, Events and Operations. Under the immediate direction of the Associate Athletic Director of Facilities and Operations, this position manages the provision of the logistical, facility and game operations needs and requests of assigned Olympic sports' programs as well as responsible for scheduling and monitoring activities in all athletic facilities.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Oversees the daily programmatic needs and requests of our Olympic Sports Programs. Interacts on a daily basis with assigned Olympic Sports Coaches in responding to their programmatic and facility needs and requests.
- Handles, carries out and coordinates all aspects of home events for the sports which includes on site supervision of staff and facility preparation.
- Manages and oversees the operations of various events including athletic competitions, special university functions, and non-university related events.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years working in Event Management or related field.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with all team members and customers by utilizing outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to lead a team and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage changing demands.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and experience using sound judgment in situations requiring independent initiative and tact.
- Extreme attention to detail, a high level of organization, and a high level of initiative and energy.
- Ability to overcome obstacles independently, comfortable making decisions, and take full ownership of responsibilities.
- Knowledge of NCAA and B1G Compliance rules.
- Ability to effectively and persuasively communicate with many varied audiences: Coaches, staff, student-athletes, customers, vendors, fans, etc.
- Ability to quickly and successfully diffuse, manage, and resolve conflict situations.
- Use of personal vehicle in order to travel for business demands; a valid driver's license would be required for this position.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,137 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime