Senior Director of Events
- Lead a team of 3-4 people, including business development and event operations.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding revenue targets, both on a per-event and annual basis.
- Lead and oversee high-quality event production, outstanding customer experience, and strong event margin.
- Develop and present internal business case decks on potential events.
- Oversee event ticket revenues, working closely with Marketing, Communications, Ticket Sales, and other departments.
- Oversee event sponsorship revenue, working closely with the Corporate Partnerships department.
- Oversee event planning and execution
- Oversee event financial reporting.
- Develop and manage the annual events budget; contribute to the capital expenditures budget.
- Seek opportunities to sell the Wells Fargo Center for private corporate and social events; lead the sales and marketing process.
- Occasional travel to Spectra venues, conferences, and other sites may be required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, marketing, tourism, or comparable discipline. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- 5-10 years’ experience in the events industry.
- Must be extremely creative and an outside-the-box thinker with a can-do attitude.
- A proven track record of successful performance in meeting revenue targets.
- Extensive event sales / business development experience, as well as event operations experience.
- Experience in developing P&L and pro-forma projections for complex business relationships.
- Proven collaborator with ability to work independently, as well as in cross-functional groups.
- Knowledge of the sports and entertainment industries strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Outlook; proficiency in Adobe design programs a plus.
- Comfort and familiarity within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be flexible with working nights, weekends, and holidays.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,921 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
National Sports League