Central Region Director
Do you love the game of baseball/softball? Are you experienced in motivating, managing, and inspiring volunteers in a non-profit setting? Do you have strong communication skills and are an experienced public speaker? Do you have the ability to build relationships, influence, administer, advocate, and grow a large youth sports program? If so, you might just be perfect for this Director position!
is looking to hire a Individuals who would like to work for an that plays a around the world and who supports the vitality and mission of our youth program throughout the Central Region of the United States are encouraged to apply.
This full-time exempt position has core hours of . While most work is done during normal business hours, occasional peaks in workload occur during the spring/summer months and may include, but not limited to: night-time on-call phone duty, special events, such as clinics and events at the Central Regional facility or while traveling on business. This position is also key in the Central Regional Tournament and the Little League World Series which requires working long hours and evenings and weekends.
This position earns a commensurate with skills and experience. A drug screen and background checks are required. We also offer including in a If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
A division of Little League International, the Central Region Administrative Headquarters is located in Whitestown, IN and provides the administrative and operational support for Little League Baseball and Softball programs throughout the central region of the United States. Little League International is the leading nonprofit youth sports organization with 75+ years of history supporting youth baseball and softball. Little League® is played in approximately 6,500 communities across more than 80 countries around the world. We believe in the power of youth baseball and softball to teach life lessons that build stronger individuals and communities.
As the Central Region Director, you will provide comprehensive leadership, planning, and administration of the Little League programs, manage staff, and facility operations. You will service and support new and existing leagues, and volunteers within the Central Region via telephone, email, TEAMS and in person support. You will schedule, organize, and conduct on-site and off-site training at the regional center and find innovative ways to advance our mission. You will also assist in determining maintenance needs at the regional center and schedule and supervise maintenance of the facility. In addition, you will assist with administering the Central Regional Tournament and play a key role in operating the Central Regional Tournament, while also supporting everything from merchandise and supplies to concession and souvenirs. You’ll get great satisfaction out of using your skills to help an iconic nonprofit organization continue to serve youth throughout our country and world. Frequent travel may be required throughout the Central Region.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Administration, Business Administration, Public Relations or related field, or equivalent work experience in lieu of college degree
- A minimum of 5 years relevant verifiable experience in an educational field, event management, working for a non-profit, and/or management of staff/volunteers
- Possess a background in baseball and/or softball with familiarity of Little League rules and regulations a plus, but a willingness to learn a must.
- Oversee the daily operations & fiscal management of the Regional Headquarters.
- Implement and administer new programs developed by Little League International
- Develop recommendations for new program ideas and league growth
- A passion for our mission a must
- Proficient with MS Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and comfortable in front of an audience with ability to make presentations
- Ability to travel when required to support the Central Region of the United States
- Experience managing, motivating, and working with volunteers preferred
- Must be congenial, diplomatic, tactful and pleasant while dealing with the public
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects and assignments on time and on task.
- Requires attention to detail an accuracy
- Requires positive work attitude and professionalism while working in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to lift items up to 30 pounds; requirement increases up to 50 pounds during Regional tournaments
- Fluency in English language required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Thorough knowledge of the operation of Little League Baseball program as well as an understanding of the programs, rules, regulation, is preferred.
- Previous business management experience
! We are dedicated in providing a that holds all employees to the . We strive to transform our organization into a place where employees while .
If you feel that you would be right for this Director position, please upload your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements at: https://littleleague.isolvedhire.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - We build teams from qualified candidates regardless of their gender, background, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS: As the pandemic continues to impact the world, we are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations. We adhere to CDC, state, and local guidance with regard to COVID-19. All applicants should be willing to follow all COVID-19 safety protocols we establish.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,634 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports Hospitality Company