COMMUNICATIONS GRADUATE ASSISTANT
- Graduate assistant will interact with executives of the NHL Team Hockey Club, visiting team personnel and local and national media outlets. The candidate will be expected to act in a professional manner at all times.
- Assist the communications department with the writing of game notes, media releases, player bios, feature stories and all other supplemental materials, as well as designing infographics for distribution to the media.
- Manage the credential process for various members of the print, television and radio media, as well as visiting team personnel and scouts.
- Compile and distribute daily media clips, audio files, line sheets and other communications materials to the front office and media.
- Assist in arranging interviews between players, coaches and staff and the media.
- Research and compile player and team statistics, as well as provide thorough fact checking and editing for all department projects.
- Supervise interns and game night staffers throughout the season.
- Candidates are expected to work 40+ hours per week, including all preseason, regular season and postseason games.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a high-energy environment without losing sight of long- and short-term objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to prioritize daily and weekly tasks
- Strong knowledge of hockey, statistics and game/team history is preferred
- Ideal candidates are proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud applications
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 734 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
National Digital Platform Developer
Ice Hockey Team