Equipment Manager - NCAA
The Athletics Equipment Manager manages the operation of the Equipment Room including all aspects relating to issuance, ordering, and inventory of athletic equipment for the athletic teams.
- Daily issuance of game and practice equipment to student athletes.
- Daily laundering of all game and practice clothing.
- Inventory and log all deliveries of equipment and clothing.
- Hire and train student workers and Graduate assistant for Equipment Room.
- Keep a log on locker room conditions and request repairs.
- Develop and implement operating policies for the Equipment Room.
- Work closely with coaches and supervisors to ensure all sport programs operate within budgetary parameters.
- Purchase equipment as directed.
- Meet with the coaches to discuss the inventory and equipment needs for each sport.
- Assist in the event management program as directed.
- Distribute athletic varsity awards.
- Heavy lifting and carrying may be required of athletic equipment managers as they will be in charge of the transportation, assembling and disassembling of certain equipment.
General Athletics Responsibilities:
- Responsible for immediately reporting to the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and Recreation and any other appropriate individuals or agencies sensitive issues.
- Promote the general University and Athletics program.
- Regularly communicate with students, faculty, and administration to promote general enthusiasm for the program and attendance at games.
- High school diploma plus 3-5 years of related operational work experience.
- Demonstrated self-direction and motivation with the ability to work independently and work under pressure.
- Valid driver's license and successful clearance of motor vehicle record check.
- Successful background check clearances including, but not limited to, a PA Criminal Records Check, FBI Fingerprinting Check and PA Child Abuse Clearance Check.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 750 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
University of Pennsylvania