Director of Ticket Sales
This is your chance to work for the world-famous Durham Bulls Baseball Club located in one of the fastest growing areas in the country. We are looking for an up-and-coming superstar or a seasoned vet who can help shape our ticket sales department as sports return to large capacities. The position is directly responsible for overseeing all new business initiatives, upselling and renewals focused on Durham Bulls Season Tickets, Partial Plans, and Group Ticket Sales.
- Develops the business strategy for all new and renewal business efforts surrounding Full Season Tickets, Partial Season Tickets, and Group Tickets.
- Oversees all executable action items related to this plan and the managers and employees in the Ticket Package sales, Group Sales, and Inside Sales Departments.
- Execute, track, and adjust new and renewal sales strategies in FSE, group ticket and inside sales departments to ensure yearly ticket sales and revenue goals are met.
- Develop the full season ticket and partial plan sales strategy and timeline.
- Set revenue and daily/weekly activity goals for all new business ticket sales employees and managing progress and efforts toward achieving these goals.
- Coach and guide Ticket Sales and Inside Sales teams to create a strong sales culture and environment focused on hard work and accountability, achieving budget goals, and delivery of a positive client experience.
- Assist sales staff in their effort to generate new sales in all ticket product lines. This may include attending meetings, visiting prospects at events, and calling potential clients.
- Provide general customer service to major prospects and clients during home games and other team events during the season.
- Regularly develop and implement sales training related to all ticket sales product lines.
- Establish and develop long-term client relationships.
- Responsible for hiring, promoting, training, and measuring performance of department staff.
- Ideal candidate has a proven track record of selling corporate clientele.
- Ideal candidate has experience in selling group tickets and managing group events.
- History of managing a sales team and exceeding organizational sales goals.
- History of strong working relationships with peers and support departments.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, attend to detail and meet short deadlines.
- Strong computer skills and experience related to CRM and ticketing software.
- Ability to work a varied schedule to include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 2+ years professional experience within management field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a sales capacity
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 534 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Minor League Baseball Team
Professional Baseball Team