Chief Financial Officer
Boca Raton, FL
THE CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER OPPORTUNITY AT BOCA WOODS COUNTRY CLUB
The ideal Chief Financial Officer for Boca Woods Country Club is a seasoned financial professional who not only possesses a deep understanding of finance, financial management, and accounting but will embody the core values and culture of the Club. This individual should be a true steward of the brand, ensuring that the Club's mission, vision, and guiding principles are understood and reflected in actions and practices. They should excel in creating a warm and hospitable atmosphere through interactions with Members and staff. A strong emphasis on team member development and a coaching approach is essential, as is the ability to work collaboratively with all constituents to optimize the performance of the Club's operations. As a financial thought partner to the GM/COO and Board, as well as a trusted resource and supporter for department heads, the ideal CFO is approachable, responsive to staff, Member, and guest concerns, and flexible enough to contribute in various capacities as needed for the smooth operation of Boca Woods Country Club, exemplifying the qualities of a dedicated team player.
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER – POSITION OVERVIEW
The Chief Financial Officer at Boca Woods Country Club is a role designed for a dynamic financial leader eager to join and contribute to an exceptional team. In this position, you'll report directly to the General Manager, serving as a critical financial advisor and collaborator in meeting the Club's goals and objectives. Your role involves overseeing the Club's financial health and creatively enhancing Member experiences and services. This opportunity is perfect for a finance professional who is passionate about applying their expertise in a prestigious Club environment, driving strategic decisions, and fostering a culture of excellence and Member satisfaction.
The CFO will lead the finance team and financial processes to maintain control and drive financial results. They will support management on all financial data, analysis, and processes relevant to the day-to-day operation of the Club. This hands-on individual will ensure accurate financial processing such as payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and expense reports. They will guarantee the timely completion of yearly financial audits. The CFO will lead, mentor, coach, and grow the finance and accounting team as needed.
· Ensure all financial documents are up to date and effectively formatted for communication with decision-makers.
· Provide leadership and guidance in financial decision-making, compiling facts and data to support processes.
· Analyze financial information, create timely projections, and advise all Club departments on performance.
· Provide departments with weekly flash reports, ensuring data accuracy and timely operational adjustments.
· Research and implement the latest technology trends to enhance efficiency and communication.
· Oversee the club's IT support needs and purchases, whether outsourced or internal.
Leadership and Team Management:
· Assist with hiring, training, performance coaching, and disciplining department employees within approved club policies and compliance with governmental agencies.
· Assess, mentor, hire, train, develop, and retain accounting staff, conducting annual performance reviews and developmental plans.
· Lead and develop the finance team, ensuring effective financial operations and support for CapEx projects.
· Energize the team and build a strong financial culture driven to excellence with an appropriate sense of urgency.
· Compliance and Financial Reporting:
· Ensure there are no material weaknesses found in the annual audit.
· Submit all financial reports and tax forms accurately and in a timely manner.
· Maintain a formal policy of internal controls and monitor policy compliance throughout the club.
· Monitor, project, and routinely report cash flow.
· Participate in selecting the Club’s insurance policies and monitor property and casualty insurance policies to ensure asset protection.
· Serve as Trustee for the Club’s 401(k) Retirement plan and maintain all plan asset records and documents.
· Direct financial operations with the GM of the Club and develop policies relating to accounting, auditing, budgeting, revenue, and cost control procedures.
· Develop, implement, and maintain planning and budgeting processes that are proactive, structured, and transparent.
· Analyze cash flow, cost control, and expenses to pinpoint potential areas for improvement.
· Anticipate unfavorable financial results or variances, conduct research, and offer preliminary explanations and appropriate countermeasures.
· Support monthly reviews with management teams and provide weekly reporting and monthly financial and operational outlook forecasting.
· Communicate and coordinate financial activities with the Board, Treasurer, Finance Committee, and committee chairs.
· Attend Board meetings, Finance Committee meetings, Audit Committee meetings, and other committee meetings to answer financial questions.
· Serve as an engaged leader who drives financial controls and results, offering consistency, timeliness, and accuracy of finances and reporting.
· Participate in Finance Committee Meetings and Board of Directors meetings, providing input and communicating data-driven recommendations.
Knowledge and Skills Qualifications
· Excellent knowledge of finance, accounting, and financial management techniques.
· Proficient in analyzing, interpreting data, and preparing reports.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions in English.
· Skilled in maintaining professional relationships with superiors, co-workers, members, and vendors.
· Effective multitasking capabilities in a fast-paced environment.
· Possesses "Hospitality DNA" and thrives in a team-oriented environment, meeting deadlines consistently.
· Demonstrates an "executive presence" with excellent presentation and communication skills.
· Experience working with volunteer Boards and committees is a plus.
· Strong working knowledge of current technology and software programs.
· Experience with construction and renovation projects, including reporting, is desired.
· Proficient in the administration of 401k and defined benefit retirement plans.
· Ability to gather relevant inputs from individuals across various functions and experience levels for informed forecasting and analysis.
· Committed to stewardship for ensuring financial stability through well-managed and fiscally responsible processes.
EDUCATIONAL AND CERTIFICATION QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university with a concentration in Finance or Accounting combined with a minimum of five years of related experience and/or training.
· Country club and/or Community Association experience preferred but not required.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 425 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Sports Facilities Management
University Athletics (VA)
Top Pro Soccer League