Part-Time Men's Volleyball Coach
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach/Coach student-athletes, which includes training & evaluating their performance in both practice and competition, teaching fundamental techniques, and providing leadership and instruction
- Develop and implement all aspects of pre-season, in-season, post-season, and off-season conditioning
- Maintain team discipline and moral standard at all times and on special assignments;
- Adhere to NAIA and SIAC sports rules, conference bylaws, compliance regulations, and conference recruiting rules and policies
- Report all NAIA and SIAC Conference violations to proper personnel
- Monitor of student-athletes' academic progress through classroom checks, study hall, and progress reports
- Support institutional compliance and academic programs, and maintain athletic and academic records
- Instructs student-athletes in the areas of physical health, team concepts, and safety; designs instructions for individual or team needs
- Maintain the coordination, development, supervision of men’s volleyball program, summer camps, and clinics
- Represent the college at professional meetings, alumni gatherings, campus activities, and civic affairs as requested by athletic administrators
- Attend and participate in department and staff meetings as requested/required.
- Encourage an effective outreach program with student-athletes that provide benefit to the on and off-campus community
- Evening and weekend work is required; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience in higher education and career development
- Five to seven years of proven successful coaching experience in volleyball
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate recruiting activities
- Ability to maintain team discipline and instill proper ethical and moral standards
- Knowledge of sporting event operations
- Knowledge of NAIA rules and regulations
- Relationship management and/or self-directed team experience a plus.
- Support of a safe, student-centered learning environment and an appreciation for, and understanding of, a four-year college mission is expected.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,054 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime