Basketball Communications Associate
- The NBA Team seek one part-time, paid communications associate during the 2018-19 NBA season (September – May) to assist members of the communications department.
- Candidate will work very closely on the day-to-day operations, strategies and objectives of the department.
- Attendance at home games is required and the job includes weekend work.
- Candidate should have a proactive mindset and be extremely detailed oriented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the team’s media monitoring system
- Oversee the team’s news clippings system
- Credentialing media members
- Compiling and delivering media packets
- Assisting with production of team’s game notes
- Working with the NBA's stats system
- Occasional writing (press releases, team publications, website)
- Assisting the media on game nights (when applicable)
- Game night set up and takedown (media room and press row)
- Assisting with media interview requests
- Pitching stories and developing mini PR campaigns surrounding team events
- Other duties as assigned by manages
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in public relations, journalism or related field preferred
- Experience in athletic media relations/sports information
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people and develop strong relationships
- Able to multi-task under time constraints, meet deadlines and work within a fast-paced industry/environment
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented and demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent communications skills – both written and verbal
- A self-starter who is resourceful and is a team player
- Ability to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, holidays
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
University ( VA )
Southeast Region Job Fair