Athletic Instructor, NCAA
The Athletic Trainer will work with Intercollegiate Athletic teams as assigned. He/she will work in collaboration with staff, coaches, the Head Athletic Trainer, and team physicians to assist in the direct provision of injury evaluation, athletic training, and rehabilitation services for student-athletes.
- Sport team responsibilities/assignments as specified by Head Athletic Trainer communication with coaches and student athletes of assigned teams.
- Coordinating with physicians/medical personnel on care of student-athletes.
- Injury reporting, documentation, and maintenance of medical charts.
- Taking inventory, ordering, and restocking clinical and clerical supplies.
- Ensuring safety of patients and staff through enforcement of safety procedures.
- Appropriate training in, and adherence to, regulatory requirements (e.g. blood-borne pathogen training and prevention, annual TB testing and other health screening requirements).
- Maintenance and upkeep of the athletic training room and other sites as designated.
- Continued education in sports medicine and maintaining good standing with NATA Board of Certification.
- Other duties as specified by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Certification and good standing with the National Athletic Trainer’s Board of Certification
- Bachelor’s degree; experience as a student or undergraduate Intern Athletic Trainer in competitive athletic environment.
- Sensitivity to student-athlete issues.
- Proven ability to meet multiple demands in a high-volume, fast-paced clinical environment.
- Proven ability to work independently, prioritize, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills required for working with a diverse group of patients, clinical staff, managers, and visitors.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion handling sensitive matters involving patients.
- Computer literacy, including working knowledge of word processing programs.
- Ability to work with and in a diverse environment.
- Comfort working in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
- Master’s degree (or significant progress toward degree) in related field.
- Additional related education and training.
- Additional experience as a certified athletic trainer in competitive athletics at the professional and/or Olympic level.
- Experience with advanced manual therapy skills applicable to orthopedics and sports medicine.
- Knowledge of clinical information/ appointment systems.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 2,058 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Collegiate Sports (AZ)
Community College (CA)
Community College (CA)