Head Softball Coach, NCAA
- Schedule and conduct regular practice sessions (traditional & non-traditional seasons). Coach the team during scheduled events. Determine and implement the strategies necessary to motivate the team to maximum levels of individual and team performance.
- Conduct coaches preparation meetings and coordinate teaching procedures for members of coaching staff.
- Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport actively seeking new methods and strategies.
- Be responsible for the search, selection, and training of qualified assistant coaches with the approval of the Director of Athletics, in accordance with all proper University regulations.
- Direct and manage assistant coaches, delegating and prioritizing administrative responsibilities, as appropriate. Be responsible for annual performance evaluations for any and all staff reporting to head coach.
- Maintain continuing and thorough familiarity with all applicable NCAA rules and the rules and regulations of the University, and be responsible for compliance with all NCAA rules.
- Present annual budget requirements to the Director of Athletics and be accountable for expense control compliance and administration of the sport's budget.
- Work with proper departmental personnel in regard to all arrangements for team travel, practice, and competition.
- Scout and recruit quality student-athletes and coordinate all recruiting activities with appropriate athletics administration. Develop a working relationship with the faculty and University staff to assist in the recruiting process.
- Demonstrate an active interest in the academic progress of student-athletes. Work closely with all appropriate departmental personnel to assure academic success of student-athletes.
- Provide individual counseling to student-athletes when appropriate and direct the student-athlete to professional staff when needed.
- Establish and ensure communication and enforcement of rules and regulations regarding student-athlete conduct, appearance, and behavior.
- Assist in enforcement of departmental policies on study programs and require class attendance and completion of work missed due to intercollegiate competition.
- Demonstrate support for all other sports programs, intramural programs, and other functions of the University and the Department.
- Participate in fundraising activities as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Work collaboratively with all support offices both in the Department and on Campus (i.e. Sports Information, Athletic Training, Admissions).
- Be responsible for all travel arrangements for team; including insuring safe transportation to the contest site and back to campus.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- Three years of previous coaching experience
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and student-athletes having a range of backgrounds, interests, and perspectives
- Possession of a valid US drivers license
- Credentialed, or ability to obtain, certifications in CPR and First Aid
- Demonstrated experience with recruiting and player development of high-academic prospective student-athletes
- Collegiate coaching playing and coaching
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds. Requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,811 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Collegiate Sports (PA)