Director of Athletic Facilities, Operations & Events
The College is accepting applications and nominations for a full-time position of Director of Athletic Facilities, Operations and Events. This position is an integral part of the athletic staff, assisting in the management of all aspects of facility and event operations. This position will also directly oversee those efforts with regard to select sports as assigned by the Associate Director of Athletics/Facilities, Operations & Events.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Facility Maintenance
- Event Management
- Crowd Management
- Venue set-up and breakdown
- Coordination of visiting teams and officials
- Implementing emergency plans and procedures
- Scheduling, training and supervising event, student staff and interns
- Scheduling of games and practices for varsity athletics
- Payroll supervision and oversite for students and part-time staff
- Assist in the coordination and execution of conference and NCAA championships
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Athletics/Facilities, Operations & Events
Bachelor's degree; Minimum of 2 - 4 years of experience with athletic event/facility management/operations and athletic scheduling at the collegiate/professional level; Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations; Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems efficiently, effectively and independently; Excellent communication skills; Ability to multi-task, detail oriented and ability to work with diverse group of staff members; Strong customer service with the ability to troubleshoot and handle pressure situations; Ability to thrive in a diverse, fast paced student athlete service driven environment in a collegiate setting; Willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Master's degree in related field; Previous Division I intercollegiate athletic experience in event and facility management.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,894 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Private Roman Catholic University
Collegiate Sports Administration
Private Jesuit College