Director of Athletics
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Student Affairs, the Director of Athletics at the University coordinates and manages the athletic-related functions for the university in alignment with University philosophy and the Ohio Athletic Conference (OAC) and NCAA DIII guidelines.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
The following outlines the essential functions of the position and is not to be considered a detailed description of all duties inherent in the position.
- Provide strategic leadership and oversight, empowering and advocating for staff and student-athletes.
- Maintain positive, productive relationships with faculty and campus administrative staff.
- Develop and implement specific athletic programs; direct and coordinate a full range of athletic department services and programs.
- Provide athlete and coach orientation, conditioning, and athletics training programs.
- Develop and Maintain athletic policies.
- Ensure OAC and NCAA compliance activities for the department; eligibility, scheduling, recruiting, rules education, etc.
- Assist in fund raising activities with the Center for Philanthropy and alumni activities with Alumni relations.
- Partner with Student Affairs and across the University to develop long-term department and facility planning
- Advise other college personnel in planning programs and services for student-athletes and athletic activities.
- Arrange for athletic events (game management).
- Oversee the production of the athletic handbook, bulletins, and other publications.
- Coordinate master athletic calendars.
- Develop and provide a variety of student services and programs such as student athletic recruitment and retention, academic tracking and athletic eligibility, health and safety.
- Approve payroll work authorizations for all department staff.
- Make recommendations in matters of student-athlete discipline; advise students in eligibility/academic issues.
- Develop annual athletics department budget; review and control expenditures from athletics accounts.
- Represent Baldwin Wallace and the Athletic Department with sportsmanship, integrity and professionalism.
Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of experience (or advanced degree and at least three years of experience) in intercollegiate athletics administration.
How to Apply for Position:
Upgrade your account to paid subscription and gain access to this job as well as all other sports job opportunities:
Upgrade to a premium membership for complete access!Subscribe today and gain access to 1,893 jobs in the sports industry - Cancel anytime
Collegiate Sports (LA)